Tuesday 11 February 2014

Life's simple pleasure


It doesn't take much to make me smile these days. After grunting literally like a big old piggy today trying to give Belly some breathing room and a little more space, we tried the peak hour dash from Brisvagas to the Goldie.

I am glad that I was not Steve because that meant I was not sitting next to me. I must have stunk like a 3 day old nappy full of maggoty shit. You know when you are a stinker cos you don't want to be near yourself, well that's what I was like today.

There was a 4 car pile up at Mt Gravatt and that meant 3 lanes converging into one. That's 3 lanes of pushy, pissed off, been at work all day folk and stinky old me. I just sucked it up, turned the air con on to high and the radio on LOUD, and did the clutch dance for what seemed like miles.

And then the clouds parted and the crash site was passed and all of a sudden 1 lane became 3 and then 4 and the trip home was a breeze. Sometimes coming across a pile up can be bloody lucky, well not for the crashers obviously, but  I reckon we were home faster than the usual peak hour trawl along. Yippee!

The Dog was just so bloody happy to see us. She ran rings around us both and jumped up like a maniac.

But the best part of the day, which I am only admitting to in a whisper cos it beat Belly's excitement over her new purple shelves and even the big 'love you' cuddles from Zig, was dragging this filthy arse into the shower for a good long scrub.

You just have to love going from putrid to squeaky with the rough application of the fluff thing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment