Monday 3 February 2014

Job Hunting.



I've been looking for a job. Now I don't know what I want to do, only that I am pretty sure that the education system has completely beaten me so I can't see going there, even if there was a Head teacher more interested in educating kids than surrounding themselves with 'yes men' teachers. I miss the kids but I sure as shit do not miss the politics and the irrationality and the 'covering my arse' motivations, and I certainly am not impressed with Christopher Pyne's minions carry on about whether or not homosexuals aught be ALLOWED to teach sex education. This story hit the news today and I just do not understand how any of these fools justify the old fashioned archaic discriminatory idea, and I wonder how do they propose to enforce this. It's the essence of what gives me the shits. These fools dictating to teachers what to teach and how to teach it. It's the old idea that just because they have been to school they think they know all about education.  Oh it is just another part of the system that beggars belief and sends me running towards a job on the phones.

So there are a couple of 'phones jobs' on offer but I have been there and done that and I am not at all sure I want to go there again.

There is not much else on offer, or at least not much else that either I want to do or am able to do. It's hard to believe that 30 years teaching has equipped me to just about nothing else.

In any case, I'll keep looking. There must be something out there that I can do, or learn to do, that I will enjoy and be good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment