Wednesday 8 April 2015

FOOD: Afternoon snacks - Bring it on!


Decades of teaching leave me on the tooth about 3.30 every afternoon. I am not sure if it's because there was almost never time for any lunch or the need to stuff something into your mouth so there would be no way to chat politely to kids popping by the staff room, or to make sure that no sounds could fall out at staff meetings cos that always got me into trouble. But after all those years, 3.30 - 4pm still heralds FOOD.

It's no secret that cooking is not on my 'to-do' list so the afternoon munchies always needs to be quick and easy and cooking free.

Usually there are some biscuits about and often there is some cheese and crackers, but that is almost cooking effort - yeh that's how lazy I am! But today there was leftover French Stick from last night's pasta dinner. I gave it the stick the finger in fresh test and it was GOOD. Bit of Balsamic and olive oil in the fab little bowl courtesy of Carol and Richard and voila a healthy little snack. Yummo!

Filled to pussy's bow now. What a shame that dinner still needs to be sorted. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment