Thursday 19 January 2017

Shame on Georgiou Road Builders and the Queensland Main Roads Department



Remote controlled thumper and Darth Vader waving his big red stick


There must have been something wrong with the truck cos these 3 did not move from this spot in the hour I was there.


I like a party as much as the next gal. Oh I remember! The flashing lights and the thump thump thump that makes it's way from your feet to your chest. Back in younger days, I enjoyed perving on the smorgasbord of fellas lined up around the walls eyeing up the talent and doing fuck all else. We'd all crawl home at dawn and then there'd be that sort of jet lagged nauseous feeling plus a bit of a hangover for the rest of the day or maybe 2 depending on how far back into my youth I go. Yeh I do love a party. But I was only ever good for one a weekend, bit of a lightweight I know, but that was my lot.

The Party House which is the Road Works has come alive and their Do's have escalated in frequency.

I haven't slept since Sunday.

Yep Sunday was good.

Saturday was OK too.

Last week though was a melted mess of 'what the fuck are they doing NOW?

So I reckon in nearly a fortnight I have slept for 2 nights.

And that is just not enough!

I have lost my sense of humour.

I went looking for it at 2.30 this morning hoping that the fuckers working - not really working, I am being KIND, might have dug it up.

I have never seen so many men standing around doing utterly NOTHING in one place in my life and that might be because I am lucky enough to have only ever spent mere minutes at Centrelink, where these bozos, would, I am sure fit in very nicely.

The person in charge of this road project is protected by a cloak of secrecy. His name and contact details are held onto tighter a than good old girl's grab of an old man's cock. And the one thing that all the Main Road worker wankers that I have had anything to do with are good at, is reciting that they can do whatever they like cos it's in the agreement.

One fella today, whose name escaped me told me it was all just too bad that I lived where I do. Yep It's just too bad.

My State Member, Mr JP Langbroek got on the case today, and he got a letter back, lucky him I reckon, but in any case he forwarded it to me.

It was a revelation.

The Nightworks are only occassional!

The Noisy work is completed early in the evening so as not to disturb the locals.

Workers are instructed at the start of every night shift to be as quiet as possible so not to disturb.

The work is being done according to the agreement.

Well I'll be buggered.

The scuttle from the dickwads I have actually spoken to is that this site is gonna be Nighted - no not KNIGHTED until, 'September, or maybe October, depending on the weather and other delays.' This wee sentence they can remember and happily deliver in a loop. When I suggested that they actually learn to use their own brains in lieu of spewing forth sections of a manual, well I'd like to say they were offended, but actually I don't think they understood what I was getting at.

So Ho Hum to the OCCASSIONAL bullshit.

The loudest part of the work is the 'making good', repairing the mess that they make earlier. This requires thumpers - 2 of this evening and a remote control hideous noise thing and 2 front end loaders beeping and scraping and 3 tip trucks playing boy racer,  and 2 gormless fools on penalty rates scraping with a shovel even though they were told to keep it down to a dull roar and there is a nice quiet broom right next to 'em.

Noise management I fucking don't think so!

I took videos and photos as I stood there and I reckon they must have just been thrilled cos last week saw a bloke, presumably in his PJs, stand in the middle of the road, blocking the path of the trucks and the Loaders. So my obvious complaint was mild in comparison, although I am sure a couple of 'em would have liked to call the police and have me removed.

What beggars belief is that there are just so many of 'em standing around doing completely absolutely utterly fuck all. They stand in little groups of 2 or three and lean on things.

No fucking wonder it is taking so long.

No fucking wonder this Union driven Government is slowly going broke.

No fucking wonder I fancy taking a shovel and sticking it where the sun don't shine, and as it's night time I am spoiled for choice in this regard.  

It's now 4 am and I am not certain but I think maybe the shift is finished.

So now I can go to bed.

Fucking yippee!




No comments:

Post a Comment